Monday, March 31, 2008

A Penny for Your Thoughts

Poor Molly has been strapped in her car seat for a bunch of the last two days as I've been running around getting stuff for her new bedroom, picking up a new stroller, and doing other home improvement errands (John was thankfully painting her room. I hate painting and my parents would agree that I'm not very good at it since I painted numerous windows shut at their house).

Finally, this afternoon we are home. And stuck inside. It's raining and despite my excitement and plans to go for a walk, we can't. You know, it's not so bad. We slowed down, baked something, played and laughed and then I got to watch my baby fall asleep. I decided that though she is so much fun when she's awake and laughing and wiggling all over the place, there's nothing so sweet and peaceful as a sleeping baby. Sometimes it takes an act of nature to remind us of the good stuff.

Happy rainy Monday.




Snoozing a few weeks ago

3 comments:

Beth said...

I agree with you 100% Melissa!

Kate said...

Who's the cool guy in the picture?! :-)
I definitely agree.... after four days spent doing nothing but playing with Hannah in Houston I had such a hard time being back at work yesterday.

Liz said...

I love sleeping babies! We still watch Ethan sleep every night - it never gets old.