Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tree Huggers

Some people were a little bit more into chopping down our Christmas tree than others... and then there was me who was over the top excited. I want it to be known, however, that just like I got overruled countless times by my picky brother growing up, we ended up with a tree that Molly and John liked more than I did. Of course, when we got it home and I loved it more than any other tree we've ever had. Still, for being the deliriously giddy one at the start of the trip, I think I showed amazing restraint in deferring to my child's (and, ahem, husband's) needs and wants. Jack could not have cared less so trying to get him on my side accomplished nothing. It turned out that being overruled worked out wonderfully and maybe I should think about letting that happen more often... nah.

Jack looks on and wonders why people are getting all worked up about this whole process.

Molly+sharp objects=good times

Letting John get some saw time in

Showing me what needs to happen with the tree trunk to make it perfect for the stand (note: that did not really happen so well)

Please, why can't we leave? I'm a delicate flower with a big ol' head and it's cold out here!

Finishing touches

The victorious and their plus one

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Poor little Jack :-( Was he telling you he was chilly?

Liz said...

Hilarious. We need a shot of it decorated though!

Kate said...

Ha! I love it - nice work John!