Monday, January 26, 2015

Put Your Hands In The Air

We're all tucked in and ready to ride out the blizzard of the 2015. With little else to do besides frantically refresh the NOAA website, I realized it was high time to post the answers to Molly's annual questions about her future and her breakfast choices. I also decided that next year I'll still ask these same questions but I'm going to add in a few more... because we're transitioning out of the "what's your favorite food" stage and into that meatier part of life -- like what her favorite books are, what are her favorite songs, activities. We're shedding more and more of the concrete, small kid stages each and every day...

1. What is your favorite color? RAINBOW (All of them)
This has stayed remarkably consistent. Girly likes her colors. And patterns. Preferably together in ways that are questionable on the matching continuum.

2. What is your favorite toy? LEGO (Lego Friends_

Yes and yes. We've thankfully ditched some of the Lego Friends for a more comprehensive array. 

3. What is your favorite fruit? POMEGRANATE AND CHERRY (Mango)

Whatever... kid likes to eat health. Thank the lord since the other one? Notsomuch.

4. What is your favorite TV show? WILD KRATTS AND FRESH BEAT BAND (Cat In the Hat)
She is remarkably happy sticking with hokey shows. She knows I hate Barbie and loves to tease me about turning it on. She wouldn't dare, though...

5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? BLACKBERRIES, POMEGRANATE AND TURKEY (Tuna) 

I love this for its patent falsehood. In no way is this her favorite lunch on any day other than the day we were doing these questions.

6. What is your favorite outfit? PINK DRESS WITH GOLD SPARKLY STRIPES (My patching PJs with my doll) 

This is sort of true. It's more true that she likes something with stripes and her gumball leggings. See #1 for the penchant for mixing all sorts of wackadoodle combos.

7. What is your favorite game?  SUBWAY SURF (Candy Land) 

Aaaaand the iPad is like crack. Awesome. Still, I'll take it over the stick-my-eyes-with-a-hot-poker game AKA Candy Land.

8. What is your favorite snack?  SNACK BOX ON THE PLANE (Goldfish)

Perhaps the first human known to advocate for plane food. On purpose and not under duress.

9. What is your favorite animal?  DOLPHINS (Bunny)

I honestly don't think she gives a whoop about animals... so not her cup of tea. Except... the other day she wrote a hilarious set of letters (asking for responses) requesting a hamster. 

10. What is your favorite song? WICKED AND SOUND OF MUSIC (Mr. Grinch) 
Being an ardent lover of show tunes, this melts my heart. Her dad's? Not really. She is also a big fan of Taylor Swift. And Macklemore... oops.

11. What is your favorite book? IVY AND BEAN AND LEGO FRIENDS  (Little House books) 

Sounds good to me. I'm just happy she likes to read.
 
12. Who is your best friend? HANNAH LILY ELISABETH AMANDA NOA CLARA MAEVE ANNIE (Marin)

Okaaaaaay... hey, why limit yourself?

13. What is your favorite cereal? CHEERIOS WITH FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND HONEY (Strawberry Os) 

The more frozen the berry, the happier she is. 

14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? PLAY ON THE SWING SET (Monkey bars)

Yes, yes, yes. Still likes to just hang. Preferably something higher than wherever I can reach her... tree limbs are also a favorite.

16. What is your favorite holiday? EASTER VALENTINE'S DAY CHRISTMAS AND HALLOWEEN (Christmas) 

I do not get the V-day enthusiasm. I like decorating for it, I guess... which reminds me...

17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  PILLOW AND DOLLY AND PRINCESS LOLLY (Dolly) 
Some things never change. And that's fine with me.

18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  CHEERIOS W/ FROZEN BLUEBERRIES AND HONEY (Toast) 

See above. 

19. What would you like to have for a special birthday dinner? STONEHEARTH MAC AND CHEESE (Lemon shrimp pasta)

Girly is a very helpful meal planner. I especially like when she suggests take-out.


20. What do you want to be when you grow up?  TEACHER (A doctor or a famous figure skater or a rock star scientist) 

Bless her... we need good teachers.

BONUS QUESTION: What is one wish you have for the year? THAT I HAVE A BUNNY (That I could take tap)
hahaha... not happening. And I love bunnies. But I also owned a bunny and those cages stink. 


2 comments:

Liz said...

1.) I will not visit you if you have a bunny. And you probably won't want me to visit either. :)
2.) Ben also loves plane food. And not just the snacks.

This is such a hilarious and adorable snapshot of Molly!

Grammy said...

She's a funny bunny!