Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Notes from the Road

Now, I'm not saying that I don't love New England, because I do, but I have to admit that our brief interlude of warm, sunny weather and lots of helping hands was pretty darn nice. We tried to bring the nice weather back with us but I'm not sure that it's pool or beach weather quite yet. Molly had a good time visiting Nana and Grampa (and Uncle Angus) and subjected them to lots of bouncing, squealing, and wiggling. She also managed to reward them with bunches of smiles and the delight in finding her feet.

Aforementioned smiles. She enjoyed being sans socks and pants once again.

Nana and Grampa discovered a new bouncing game for Molly. She got a kick out of being on the bed while someone bounced her around like a little piece of popcorn. John got these laughs out of her.

Oh, the places she'll wiggle to. Molly wanted to stand, then sit, then stand, then sit... She's a mover and a shaker.



We had some pool time despite the pool water being a little chilly. Molly loved the fountain and was happily focused on that instead of the huge, huge snake that Nana had to wrangle out of the pool area. She was initially ambivalent about the water but warmed up to it and liked going in the shower after the pool. We'll let the water warm up in the North before attempting another dunk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I'll have to have mom fill me in on battling the snake. I have a feeling that dad was no where to be found during that adventure.

Kate said...

A snake!! - who knew Florida pools were such wild places! Adorable pics - I love the smile and totally understand the stand up, sit down, roll over, lie on my stomach, lie on my back and want to stand up again .... we're going through the same phase... it seems to last for a LONG time! Can't wait to see Miss Molly again in person.

Beth said...

love the Molly & Mom photo -- so happy!