Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cape-d Crusader

Finally... My computer has been a little under the weather so I apologize for the lack of updates. While John enjoyed a weekend on Block Island (dubbed Father's Improvement Weekend this year but it managed to involve the same cast of characters who have shown up to Guy's Weekend in years past. Suspicious...), Molly and I went to the Cape and visited with Hannah and her family and my aunt, uncle and cousins. We had a good time at the beach, got in a lot of swimming, had tasty new foods, and were presented with some of the cutest shoes I have ever seen. It was great to see everyone and we both appreciate the hospitality and extra arms. I have to especially thank my cousin Keith -- I have never seen a 20 year old guy as good with babies as he is. He was the one who gave Molly her new Puma sneakers and gave a heroic effort, from what I've been told, to put her down to sleep while I enjoyed a night off. Really, though, thanks to both the Lowes and the Duds for all the good food and company!

Nothing like a good beach cover up and a chat after an afternoon of swimming and eating sand.


Does Playskool make a "my first beach chair"?


So, this one may take some explanation... My uncle and cousin had just seen Batman Returns a couple of times over the weekend and Brian wanted to get into the spirit by playing the Joker for Molly. I think it was well received... I think.


Keith took good care of Molly.



The Cape Atlantic was a lot warmer than the Maine Atlantic. Lots of swimming fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good! So good! So good!

Liz said...

Love these pics. I really can't get enough of the adorable ladies on the Cape - it's amazing how different girls are than boys, even at this age! You can imagine a similar picture to the one with them in cover-ups 20 years from now (except maybe minus the pacifiers).

Kate said...

I don't know Hannah really likes her pacifier lately... I'm thinking it might be going to college with her!

I love the one of your uncle with Molly doing the joker.... that's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Melissa, you moron, it was the Dark Knight not Batman Returns. I cannot begin to say how disappointed I am in you.

Love,
Your Favorite Uncle