Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stop It, Stop It... Well, Okay

Yesterday was Canada Day, which celebrates the unification of Canada as one country (rather than individual provinces). Most businesses were closed, although John worked so that he could observe the Mother Ship's birthday on Friday instead. We did meet up for a drink after work so that Molly could listen to the music and we could sit outside and enjoy her pestering for John's brewski and my (virgin, boo!) daiquiri. She thought our beverages looked better than her milk -- huh, weird. That age-old parenting trick (that never works) of drinking the milk in front of her and saying things like "oh, yummy" and "mmmmmmh" didn't really fool her. Sunglasses, however, did distract her and she thought she would play the part of Hollywood starlet who is checking out the crowd and then trying to hide from the paparazzi (who I'm sure were lurking in the lake with their waterproof cameras, trying to get a shot of the little dame. I'm positive).

My entourage should be showing up any minute.


Oh, pictures? Oh stop, stop (wait, can you see me through my fingers? Is this my best angle?).



We are heading back east tomorrow morning to meet up with my family in Virginia for a week and then up to Block Island for a long weekend to see the Doyles. I think we're bringing the sunshine back with us so maybe the New Englanders will see something other than gray, cloudy skies.

No comments: