Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stand and Not Deliver

While we were back east, Jack took some steps all on his own. It was so cute! It was so fun! I was so excited! And now... well, now he is no longer interested in any of that malarky. Like an overly enthusiastic pageant mom, I think I got a little too excited for the glory and how it would change my life... so now he reminds again and again that he's in charge and will walk when he pleases, thank you very much. His modus operandi has always been to wait and watch (and probably practice when I'm not looking) and then grace us with his new skill once he's nearly mastered it. Why stray from a winning formula? For now, it's probably more fun to look like he's going to take steps somewhere and then watch me freak out like a crazy chicken because I'm so excited, only to drop down and beeline it on all fours to wherever he wants to go.



No comments: