Monday, January 16, 2012

Where Am I?

Well, well, look what we have here. In this land of seemingly perpetual bare ground (for us, up to this point), we got a little reminder that it's not always green grass and temperate weather in this part of the world. The snowy white stuff came to visit us yesterday in swirls and with gusto and while it was not a nor'easter exactly, this snowfall has afforded us plenty of sledding (and oddly, Molly, who tends to be careful and fairly risk averse these days is not when it comes to sledding), snowball fights, snow angels, and snowmen building (well, man). Our street is very, very icy so we are celebrating MLK at home today, with more of the above, a few snow squalls and hot chocolate, settling in for another forecasted storm tomorrow. I never thought I would enjoy having snow outside my front door again (bare sidewalks = happy mama), but I have to admit that it's really beautiful and a fun change of pace. 








3 comments:

Holly said...

Great pics-- Did you get a new camera???

Melissa said...

a new lens! makes a difference, huh?!

Liz said...

I agree - great shots with your new lens!