Monday, March 12, 2012

S Marks The Spot

You know all those not-really-correct-but-really-cute things your kids said that you're really glad you wrote down for posterity? Yeah, I didn't do that. With Molly, she had pretty good speech patterns from the get-go and didn't do the classic/funny ones like confuse pronouns or mix up Ys and Ls . Her funny mistakes usually involved inverting words (cap shower, mower lawn, etc). Jack, however, is full of funny little quirks. He does say "lello" and often can't find his next word so we hear a lot of "um, um, um, um" before the final answer is spit out. He told his teacher that "I missed me" instead of missing her when she came back from vacation and he thinks that any noun can have the word train added to it to make it more interesting. My hands down favorite little speech hiccup, however, is his misuse of pluralization. So many things get an extra S at the end that don't deserve one. He likes to play Jengas and get the mails. We have a license plates and Jack rides in a car seats. He puts on his jackets to go outside and has likes to have milks on his cereal. I have no idea why he does it and no interest in correcting the little monkey. He has an older sister to do that, anyway. She does not find his persistent pluralizing as funny as I do and she will tell him that ( Molly: "Jack, it's NOT Jengas... it's Jenga"., Jack: "okay. Jengas". Repeat)...


 

2 comments:

Jessie Reardon said...

love those little speech imperfections. ruby calls herself "my" instead of "i". "My will do it." "My's hungry." "My no want to wear that dress!"

Liz said...

So good to capture these because they disappear and you don't even notice and forget they ever had these cute little imperfections!