Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh Mama

I am lucky, I am grateful, I am blessed. Words won't do justice to how acutely I am aware of the power of moms in my life. From the blogosphere to the domestic sphere and everywhere in between, I rely on and gather strength from my community of moms in the world. From my own mom, I learn about myself and motherhood in big and little ways every day, and always know that I have a well of wisdom and love from which to draw. From my mother-in-law, I learn about balance and calm and grace. From my sisters-in-law, I learn about rolling with the punches. From my friends, I learn about love and laughter and acceptance and support. From my kids, I learn exactly what fierce, deep, unwavering love looks like (closely resembling blond, uncontrollable curls, it turns out). And, I would most certainly not want to be a mom without my saner half. Thank you to the moms and all those who support us -- from here to there and everywhere.

My mother's day weekend has been so lovely. Even mother nature decided to kick in a gem of sunshine and warmth. From a bagel date with the littlest member of my tribe on Friday morning, to a sun-bathed evening at the park and dinner in the neighborhood, to a stunning morning of bike riding and splashing near the lake, to celebrating Emily's birthday this afternoon, I couldn't have asked for anything more to make me a happy mom.









1 comment:

Holly said...

Such a nice post! Happy belated Mother's Day! See you guys soon.