Tuesday, August 28, 2007

At Least It's Not a Kick Me Sign...



I've reached that pregnancy milestone that all women must reach: the big, glaring public property sign that gets posted on you sometime, oh, overnight. I think I was prepared for the random mitts on my belly (and don't mind one bit). I actively encourage advice and life lessons from people who wish to share. I was less prepared, however, for the incredibly graphic anatomical details that strangers (and I mean never laid eyes on you in my life strangers) have begun to suddenly share about their own pregnancies, labors, and postpartum experiences. Now, in my line of work, you hear and see some pretty crazy, at times yucky, things. That, however, is in a professional capacity. I think I could be a stop sign and people would share some of their intimate details.

I don't mean this as a rant, I actually think it's ultimately an honor to share in people's lives. At the same time, I'd be okay with some details being left to the imagination. That being said, I love people I KNOW sharing their stories - so please don't ever hesitate to pull up a chair and tell me about the good, bad, and ugly of your own experiences. I think I was born for story hour.

Finally, good luck to all of you starting school and especially embarking on big, new journies (like college). Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

fibby said...

How did I not know about this blog?!

(And - perhaps more importantly - how did I not know you like fantasy football!??!!?)

Thank goodness we reconnected after all these years!

Liz said...

More belly pictures please! That cartoon lady's belly is kind of scary - not like your cute little belly.

Anonymous said...

The poor little pirate -- having to listen to yucky stories.

Melissa said...

the pirate is a little grossed out by some of the stories, it's true.

i'll update with some belly pictures very soon, i promise.

and phoebs -- i wanted to tell you IN PERSON, not by blogging :)

more updates to come...