Tuesday, February 19, 2008

California Dreamin'... Newburyport Style

So, Molly's first trip to the beach wasn't exactly on your typical sunshiny day. There were no people laying out, no BBQs going, and the smell of sunscreen was most definitely absent. Nonetheless, it was an atypical February New England day, about sixty degrees, and we were itching to leave the house so we headed to Plum Island and walked a bit. The proximity to Plum Island is one of my favorite things about living up here in Canada... uh, I mean Newburyport. I prefer the beach in the spring and fall because there are few people, its a great place to walk, and the landscape is beautiful (and I hate the heat). Molly isn't a big fan of the wind so we haven't really ventured out there (I don't count the time I got out of the car, strapped her in the pack, where she promptly screamed bloody murder so I put her back in her seat and drove home). She's getting to be a big girl, though, because she tolerated it yesterday.



4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a nice day, Molly looks so happy! I love the tongue sticking out in the first picture.

Liz said...

Look at the big girl facing out in the Bjorn! I can't wait for some Newburyport beach days this summer...

Anonymous said...

There couldn't be a happier baby!

Beth said...

Molly is a lucky girl to have a beach right down the road. She'll have to show Samuel the beach this summer.