Friday, August 7, 2009

On Top Of Things

One of Molly's favorite parts of having visitors stay with us is to come down in the morning and call out their name so that she can be sure to share the breakfast hour with them. I don't mean share as in time spent together, I mean share as in eat whatever they are eating (in addition to whatever she is eating). Grandpa usually got up and ate prior to Molly's arrival on the scene so they ended up sharing the morning paper instead (luckily, she didn't want to eat that). She still misses Grandpa driving the Jeep around and isn't quite as satisfied in the wagon no matter how cool I try to make it. In the end, I guess it is one big grocery getter versus the much hipper Jeep -- where she can see out and almost reach the door handle.


Catching up on the daily events.


I've also told people that I would take pictures of the house so that they could get some sense of where we're living (sorry it's taken so long). Here's our kitchen/dining/living room area. Behind me is a bay window and Molly's play area. I'll try and snag some more soon but we really haven't been spending much time inside since it's been either too hot or too nice to be cooped up.



Speaking of the abode, the little domestic diva was very helpful this morning (and unfortunately, my camera battery died so I don't have any pictures). I was hanging laundry out on the line and I peeked from behind a towel to see that someone had harvested a ripe tomato off one of the plants and was partaking in its yumminess (better than poking finger holes in them like she had been doing). After that, I left her outside to throw another load of laundry in before I cleaned her up since she had a river of tomato seeds trickling down her belly (thankfully, we do a lot of diaper-only wearing here). I went downstairs and was very confused as to why the washer was full of clothes since I had just taken them out to hang on the line. Oh, because sometime when I hadn't been looking, she had taken it upon herself to fill the washer with clothes that had been sorted on the floor. I guess she thought that she didn't have enough clean whites. I took those out, put my intended load in, and brought her upstairs to have a shower with me. Next thing I know, while I am shaving my leg, she has decided to also work on her personal hygiene and also has her leg up on the wall to shave... I think all the hair clips in her hair has turned her into a little caricature of femininity. This is all happening amidst her growing affinity for boys. She loves to ask where the men in her life are at any given moment -- her grandfathers, her uncles, her friends, her friends' dads... I'm getting worried. She's going to flash those baby blues and melt some hearts one day. I just hope any man she picks also appreciates a good mullet 'do and a voracious eater.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Molly's girl-ness was further reinforced by her choice of displays to check out at Toys R Us -- the pink purses and the Barbies!

Kate said...

Classic! Molly and Hannah are on the same page- Boys and pink- love it! Your place looks awesome- can't wait to see it in person!!!

Kate and Davis said...

Your house looks wonderful! And, I think Molly and Oliver are on the same page- right now purses and hair brushes are his favorite thing. :)