Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm A Big Kid Now

Remember when Jack missed Molly during her first day of camp? Ah yeah, no more. While he does spend the first couple minutes asking where she is and is excited to pick her up (which may have something to do with his disappearing into the playhouse each time we go to get her), he has started taking full advantage of his time away from the big boss.

This week, he...
took over the stamp set (I think he just made stacks of them since he does not appeared inclined towards the crafts just yet)...

asked me to please leave him alone since he never gets a moment of peace and quiet around here...

but in the end, did agree to give his old mom a little of his charm...

and then tried a new way of picking up toys...

which failed...

but he kept trying to get those toys inside the vacuum...

and, once again, asked me to leave him the heck alone so he could work in peace.

Ed Note: Yes, I do realize he is wearing goggles... it just doesn't faze me much anymore since someone is usually wearing my circa 1995 ski shades around here.

And the big boss lady? She's doing really well at school and I can tell she's having fun because she refuses to tell me what the heck she does all day. One other thing I do know, is that she "suddenly" knows how to draw people! I'm not sure why I'm so fixated on the people-drawing and I don't know why she waited so long to break out her skill (yes I do... it's because I was so fixated on it despite trying to keep it to myself) but it has made for good times all around. Yup, you betcha, I'm that excited. 


 
                            

Molly starting "real" school (well, real enough... it's camp but it's at the school she'll start in September with the same teachers) has, as expected, provoked a range of feelings. I've had my moments of swooning, feeling so proud of her for how well she has done, and I've had my moments of disbelief that she's old enough to do all of this and that I'm relegated to the chauffeur role, and I've had a moment or two of sadness that she's turning into a big kid so fast. It's been nearly all good, though, and I'm excited for her to really start in the fall. And, as she gets smarter every day, I think I might get dumber. I swear, any mental agility I might have ever possessed feel like it's left the building lately... maybe I'll let her take over the blog writing...







1 comment:

Kate and Davis said...

Don't you wish they'd tell you what they did at school/camp?! Love the people and Jack's cleaning method