Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Island Life

We're still having some technical difficulties getting some pictures from our BI trip but since we've been living with more rain than sun since we've been back, I'm ready to revisit the gorgeous weather that we had out there and am just going with what I've got (with a little boost from Nana). What's especially nice is that I can't get at any of the pictures of anyone else who made the trip fantastic -- so, so sorry that it's just our ugly mugs populating this post. Nonetheless, you can trust me that Nana and Grandpa welcomed the traveling circus with great food and company and gave us all lots of time to relax, as always. It was so lovely to reunite with John and give up my single parenting (with lots of assistance) gig and I think he actually unplugged for several days, which was amazing! Shocking! It was really great. 

We got in some great walks, chased the wizard around the yard, visited the playground, enjoyed lots and lots of beach time (John loved every sandy minute of it), and just wore ourselves out. Being on vacation is simply fabulous, especially when lots of people want to help you take care of sun-kissed little people. We got some extra special help at the end of the week when Auntie Holly, Auntie Karin, and Becca came out. Molly basically attached herself to Becca for 48 hours and I'm pretty sure she would still be hanging off her arm if we hadn't forced her onto the ferry. 

And while it's nice to be home, it was definitely hard to leave those blue skies and fabulous people behind... 


Please ignore the animal attached to my head... also known as my wild hair. Yikes.

The wizard kept appearing in different spots around the yard and someone was happy to hunt for him every morning. 


Traveling circus what?

My mellow men. 

Hide and seek is less effective when you hide in the same spot every time. 

Whee!

Oh, those curls... 

Jack's final test to become an America citizen: ingestion of his first RI institution -- Dell's Lemonade.

There may be little foot imprints at that door -- I'm not sure if it's birds, flowers, or what but he loves gazing out front. 

Working hard for the money. 

Actually working hard.

Waving goodbye to his peeps. 

3 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like a great vacation! I love the picture of Molly's curls - adorable!

Kate and Davis said...

Love the one of the two together - looks like you had a wonderful time. Sorry you are stuck in the rain.

Holly said...

This makes me want to go back to BI asap. That pic of Jack and John is great.