Sunday, July 31, 2011

You Are The Sunshine Of My Life

I think it is safe to say that summer has finally arrived in Seattle. Thank goodness. And with it has, apparently, come some old fashioned summer laziness since when I looked at my camera tonight I had some huge number of pictures that I haven't downloaded. I think the long days combined with a more settled feeling than I've had since we left the east coast (and, to be honest, being sleepy at the end of the day after chasing the wild children in my life) have made me delinquent in posting pictures and writing. In a roundabout way, it's a good thing -- it's good to feel fairly in control of things and to enjoy where we are living. The things that I don't feel in control of, well, those are certainly still there, usually in the form of my blond tornado and her bouncer brother. But mostly the blond tornado and my love/hate relationship with the age of three. But that's a different story for a different day... or I just told it. I love, love, love it... and then aye yai yai, the emotional roller coaster is off and running. Anyway, while I think we'll feel in a period of transition for some time to come, life feels like it's bumping along pretty nicely right now with more predictable ups and downs. It's not perfect but it's good and it's ours and it's working. And, did I mention summer finally got here? Everything is better with some sun (and fudgesicles).




1 comment:

Kate said...

Hooray for summer weather in Seattle! And boo-boo for the 3 year old emotional rollercoaster! Isn't it amazing how quickly they can go from sunshine to meltdown? Never ceases to amaze me!