Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Own Autumn Almanac

It's certainly fall weather around here (I just want to clarify that for Holly and grandparents headed to warmer climates) and we're doing some of those fall things that you remember as being really fun but get to rediscover HOW fun when you get to watch through someone else's littler eyes. Last weekend we hit up the Topsfield fair and this weekend we watched our hometown boys play October baseball (NOT something I did much as a kid) with the Stockwells (minus the one who wants to stay warm and toasty inside) and did some other fun stuff outside.

Somebody loved the leaf pile. Rolling, throwing herself backwards, getting tossed into it -- these are a few of her favorite things.


Yes, eating is also one of her favorite things but this picture is more of a public plea to John to please let us turn on the heat.


Goats were Molly's favorite animals at the fair but she also liked the chickens, pigs, and cows. Bunnies were sort of "eh" on her excite-o-meter.


Ben was worried about being able to hear the Red Sox over Molly's yelling... I have no idea what he's talking about.


John's working on off-loading some chores to Molly. Don't worry, I'm onto him.


We also spent a fun few days up at my parents' house in order to celebrate my dad's retirement. Molly was having a rough day on Tuesday when we headed to a reception for my dad. She made herself known for most of the afternoon, for the car ride there, and through the parking lot. Once she hit the crowd, though, she decided that she was more interested in entertaining the assembled people than in fussing about whatever was previously putting ants in her pants. As soon as the reception was over, though, and we got in the car -- right back to her old tricks. Testing limits is a pretty fun stage to be in...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could Molly not like bunnies?? Doesn't she know how cute Cubby was? She does look like she'll do a goo job with mowing the lawn, though.

Liz said...

Bunnies are eh on my excite-oh-meter too, Molly. Actually, they get a thumbs down - sorry Cubby. Thanks for coming up this weekend! I hope the Sox destiny doesn't hinge on you guys being here watching with us...you may need to drive up mid-game. :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I wish fall would hurry up and get to AZ- I don't think that I'll ever get use to watching post-season ball in shorts and a tee shirt. I miss the Topsfield Fair! I'm surprised about the bunnies, but then again John did liberate our bunnies when we were kids.

Kate and Davis said...

Could John and Molly come mow our lawn?