Monday, October 6, 2008

Try, Try Again

Until a few years ago, I didn't believe in the supernatural much. It wasn't some dramatic visit to Area 51 that changed my perspective, rather it was getting to be friends with Ben. Now, thanks to Ben, I believe in ghosts and superstitions. Just the other day, on a walk in our local state park I felt pretty confident talking about the ghosts who live there -- one might even say cocky. The state park is the site of an old estate so I think it goes without saying that there are some folks lingering around there. I think that most ghosts are nice and like to dance -- those are my criteria for being accepted into ghosthood. As to the superstitions, I think Molly's Red Sox onesie (see previous post) might be bad luck. So, it was with some trepidation that I put it on her again tonight (I'm not gross, she is bathed regularly at night). I also thought that maybe my post was bad luck so I'm changing that too. I'm hoping that maybe a twice-worn Red Sox onesie combined with a new post might bring some good luck. I don't believe in werewolves or vampires (but I do believe wholeheartedly in John's impression of Teen Wolf) but the more I watch Vladimir Guerrero, I do wonder...

Molly is many things these days and perhaps one of her most prominent features is her vocal technique. She likes to laugh and yell really loudly. She has found being tickled and someone making surprised faces at her particularly funny lately.




4 comments:

Kate said...

Classic pictures! I love the laughing! Let's hope our Red Sox posts provide some luck... so far so good I guess since it's tied at 0-0!

Anonymous said...

Whew!! Good thing you put Molly back into that onesie. By the end of the 8th, I was starting to doubt your intuition. :)

Those pics of Molly laughing immediately made me start laughing.

Kate said...

It worked!

Liz said...

You all have me to thank for the Sox win last night. I had to do special laundry yesterday to wash Ben's "lucky outfit" which reeked of campfire smoke from this weekend. I think Molly is laughing at how ridiculous it is that Ben thinks his clothes have an impact on MLB outcomes.