Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cleanliness is an (Overrated) Virtue

I don't have a clean kid. She doesn't really eat with her fingers, it's more of a fist grab and shovel into her mouth. I think I've seen her pincer grasp all of a half dozen times. If her cuffs (despite my best efforts) aren't caked with something at the end of a meal, it's a miracle. Molly was eating breakfast the other morning and in all of two seconds she went from reasonably clean to this blueberry mess. And she absolutely enjoyed it...




and so, it is comical that her new favorite activity is helping me with the dishwasher. She's very good at closing the dishwasher door and likes to hand me silverware to put away. The other day, she even went so far as to help me load the dishwasher. Her attempt was genuine, but I'm not sure the Bare Naked Ladies were all that dirty...


2 comments:

Liz said...

I love Molly's messiness and zest for life - it's so endearing. Love the new blog background too!

Kate said...

Whoa - changes on your blog! I like it! I love the messy blueberry face... classic!