Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dream Weekends

I will post the rest of our Easter adventures this week. Sorry I didn't get to it last week but I ended up getting tied up preparing for this weekend's trips and we were once again battling illnesses. My dearly hilarious and hijinxing friend, Ellen, got married in Chicago on Saturday and John and I made our first trip sans Molly. Oh my goodness, the luxury of sitting on a plane and reading (or programming, pick your poison)... the unfettered sleep... the adult clothing (I mean dresses and suits)... it was a wonderful break from the typical action. Molly stayed with my parents and had a wonderful time from the sounds of it. Lots of exploring, kitty chasing, cozy coupe riding, moss/acorn gathering, and plenty of hugs and kisses -- a dream weekend in its own right.

I'll get pictures of Molly's weekend later on but I wanted to try and sneak in one last post before Ellen and her new husband, John, head off to Greece for a couple of weeks. Just want to make sure they know how much fun we had and how great it was to spend time with them and some other hi-larious friends, Laurie and Uncle Pete. All weddings are wonderful and I love them so, so much. I love to cry at them, love to dance at them, love to yell Bon Jovi lyrics at many of them. We have been lucky enough to attend (and preside over and DJ) some very, very special ones. This one, however, was one of the most poignant weddings I have ever been to. When I say that the speeches left not a dry eye in the house, I mean it. For various reasons, the mother of the bride, the best man, and the groom's speeches were so incredibly touching and heartfelt, it reminded everyone there why they love their partners, their kids, their siblings, and their parents so very much. I couldn't do justice if I tried to recreate their tributes, but it reminded me (and now, I hope, you) to pay a moment of homage to the loved ones in our lives.

Happy honeymoon, Palski.

In the meantime, being in Chicago left me missing our hometown boys. Molly accessorized with John's hat recently to show her where her true loyalties lie.


Oh, I'm sorry. Are these not clear? It's because this child doesn't. stop. moving. I was reading an article on the plane about the reduction of emissions and alternative energy sources and all that jazz and I suddenly thought... I could probably eliminate our family's dependence on oil if I could somehow harness this little engine that could's energy. Solar schmolar, I'm attaching a battery storage cell to this one and reducing my carbon footprint.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like everyone had a fun weekend! So glad to hear it - and congrats Ellen!

Kate and Davis said...

Does sound like a super fun weekend.

Liz said...

AAAAHHHH - sounds SO nice! (well, the uninterrupted reading, not the programming - sorry JJ) Glad you guys (and Molly) had fun!!