Wednesday, December 9, 2009

And I Say Hey, What's Goin' On?

Many, many (manymanymanymanymany) times a day, I turn around think "What in the world is she doing?". I'm often baffled by Molly's activities, but she isn't -- she's completely on board with her actions and it clearly makes perfect sense in her mind. Often, she's cracking herself up and, lately, she's preferred to be doing it alone ("no Mama, don't read" or "I do it self"). She drives her babies around in their stroller like a bat out of hell (sometimes the babies "fall over" rather forcefully and then I hear "Wha happened?" -- yeah, like you don't know), twirls until she falls down (or throws up -- that happened once), and gets in and out and in and out and in and out of her Cozy Coupe. Today, in fact, she informed me that she drove to California (with the wind in her hair and her car full of frogs. Yep, that's right, frogs). This is coming from a kid who likes to announce that we're going downtown, to Vancouver, to grab an iced mocha, or to Ikea an awful lot. Now, apparently, we need to go to California more often.


hmmm... this is suspect -- what's with the shower rod?


accessories, a plastic bin, and a phone. Is this heaven?


Brain-scrambling stroller rides


Giddy-up cool girl


Birthday bash part one went so well that someone wanted to try again the next night.


Thankfully, I've got the little guy who is pretty easy to read. He's smiling and laughing these days (when he's not unhappy because he's not Mr. Nappy Pants. Someone has too much fun watching his sister when he's home. Thankfully, he's a good car seat napper and sleeps through most of our outings).


Boys may be made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails (I'm waiting to see) but I have a girl who knows how to pour the sugar on, has lots of spice, and does some-but-not-every things that are nice.


Molly, Jack, and I are heading east this weekend, so I don't know how much I'll be posting in the next several weeks. Before it becomes too outdated, I wanted to post this comparison of the little and not-so-little munchkins in the same Colby onesie. Molly was no shrinking violet but Jack seems hell bent on outgrowing clothes super duper fast. Molly keeps trying to "help" Jack roll over (truthfully, she can roll him over. It's every mother's dream to see her two year old rolling her 6 week old over -- I do watch these children but sometimes I have to make dinner) but she had better watch out because pretty soon he might try to roll back and push her over himself.

Jack, 6 weeks


Molly, about 14 weeks

2 comments:

Kate said...

I can't WAIT to meet Jack in person!! And of course see all Molly's new tricks! Safe travels

Jessie Reardon said...

OMG these kiddos are so stinkin' cute. I second Kate's comment- can't wait to meet little (big) Jack and see Miss Molly!!!!