Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let's Get Our Groove On

 When the little man is asleep, the big girl wants to shimmy. Lots of energy got burned today in a raucous dance marathon, populated by exactly one participant.

One of John's mixes + a mirror = holy foxtrot, Batman.

This is supposed to be a full-bodied tutu but the dancing queen decided that she only wanted to wear it halvsies. I just don't ask anymore.

A little Marilyn...
Some tap dancing (literally, tapping her foot back and forth).
Some shopping cart.
Twirly whirly (it's actually a twirly whirly skirt and not a tutu).
Push it, push it real good.
Ballet (the kind where you make up the moves yourself, apparently). 
A little hula.
Pensive moment... channeling Fame.
Shaking her boo-tay while chanting "shimmy, shimmy, shimmy, shimmy, shim-my".
?????
I may be one of the funniest people I've ever met. 
do you want to play, mom?

6 comments:

fibby said...

Love your captions. Love your kid(s). Can't wait for you to be back in New England so I can witness the fun in person. :-)

Liz said...

These are some of the best pictures I have ever seen. My boys do that same pose where you put the "????" - they call it "downward donut". Maybe these kids are doing some sort of baby yoga we don't know about.

Holly said...

Too funny!

Kate and Davis said...

What wonderful pictures!

Aimee said...

Megan is so excited to see "her" shoes getting loved more!

Beth said...

Those are a great series of photos. Makes me want to listen to one of John's mixes. AND smooch that cutie!