Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chopping Broccoli

Beth and the boys came to visit last week and my, those kids are funny and fun. Jonah is walking, laughing, and still sticking food under his little chubba chubba rolls. Samuel is my little buddy and I got to play with him all by myself while Beth got out to run some errands and Molly snoozed. Who can argue with little boys running around? Certainly not me. Jonah even accessorized with some of Molly's gear (and a funny face).



Tonight, we returned from the Cape where we celebrated my aunt's 50th birthday (happy birthday, Becky!) with a well-executed surprise party. We celebrated with lots of cake, fruit, strawberry shortcake, and tons and tons of other food down there but had the yumminess of the century back at home -- a big plate of...

broccoli. I'm pretty sure I could go get a massage and she wouldn't miss a beat as long as she had a big plate of the green stuff in front of her. Well, as long as she had broccoli and was able to sit and sing. I have now christened her the human music box. This kid loves to sing her shirt off (hence the nudity). She'll even put together a medley of her greatest hits -- Ba Ba Black Sheep into Little Monkey Friend of Mine into Twinkle Twinkle Little Star into Goodnight Ladies... and the hit parade goes on. It's not super quiet around these parts lately.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Can't wait to hear the hit parade this weekend at Colby!

Beth said...

You captured a good Jonah shot -- thanks! Go broccoli!!!