Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mini Houdini

So, we reached a milestone last night that I'm not super excited about yet can't help but laugh at a little bit. John went in to get Molly in her room this morning and found her... by the door. She climbed out of her crib thingamajig and was puttering around her room. Granted, she's not in a crib crib and her bed is more like a pack and play so it's not absurd that she climbed out. Nonetheless, it may lead to a change or two around here. As usual, she was pretty proud of herself.

We didn't get any pictures of that event but we do have an endless supply of pictures that demonstrate just how funny she thinks she is (and just how funny she thinks other people are when she gets them to do what she wants them to). Here's one of Molly and Grammy a few weeks back when Molly thought getting Grammy to shake shake shake her hair was hi-larious.



Side note on baby #2... I had an appointment with my midwife today. We heard the heartbeat and it was slower than Molly's ever was (not bad slow, just normal). If we give credence to the old wives' tale, then we have a boy on our hands. I think it's a boy, anyway. The Chinese fertility calendar thingy also thinks it's a boy. I am rarely ever correct, however, on gender predictions so I'll also posit an alternative theory that even if it's a girl, it means I'll have a calm, chill, little peanut as opposed to the crazy cakes I've got now. Not that I mind my busy little munchkin one bit but TWO of them might be a little much for me to bear. Let's just say that it would mean there would only ever be two of them.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Go Molly!! That's classic.... please make sure she doesn't teach her friend Hannah that trick for a LONG time.

Kate and Davis said...

Well done Molly! And, as Kate said, please don't share the secrets of your escape tricks

Beth said...

I agree - it's a boy (I'm always wrong too)!