Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moo Buzz La La La

Our first Canadian Halloween went well (and yes, it's the same as in the States). Molly consented to wear a costume, which was a big win for me (she did wear one last year but she's a bit more persnickity these days). Big thanks to my mom for her help with the finishing details. She sews a bit straighter than I do. Molly was a little bumble bee who pre-gamed with a little pear snack (because bees like pears), trotted outside in her bee costume (after I had to rework her antennas onto a hat because she would not wear them as a headband), where Molly saw a man in a mask (alongside an adorable dinosaur who was not scary at all), and yelled "SO SCARY! GO BACK INSIDE!". She wanted none of this trick-or-treating... until John picked her up and carried her to our neighbor's house. After that, realizing that she got some treats and compliments, she was happy to provide a buzz buzz, happy Halloween, or trick-or-treat at every one of the subsequent houses. I think John and I just wanted to keep going since the candy since kept disappearing into our pockets.


In seemingly typical baby fashion, Jack snoozed through the entire event but did make a cute cow and apparently was a hit with the treaters. My brother, Greg, apparently needs to be in charge of passing out candy next year, though. He reports that he sent kids to the back of the line if they didn't pipe up and actually say "trick-or-treat". None of this happy Halloween or Hi stuff for him -- he was a stickler.




3 comments:

Kate said...

Great work on Molly's costume - she looks adorable!

Liz said...

Love the costumes. Molly is an adorable little bumblebee, which I think suits her personality perfectly. And that last picture of Jack - I must get my hands on that baby!!! :)

Holly said...

Both of them look so cute! Is Jack ever awake?