Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tumbles

Grammy and Grampy took over much of the Molly duty while they were out here, thankfully. One activity that Molly LOVES is her tumbling class (she calls herself a tumblini), with her coach and lots of places to hang like a monkey. It's pretty fun and it gets a lot of her wiggles out every Monday.



This is largely for me that I'm posting this, because I don't want to forget this one aspect of Molly's toddler-hood, but it's also funny (sometimes. Other times, it would be nice if she could let it go). She lives largely in the moment, like most toddlers, but manages to hold onto things and then brings them up out of the blue. I know other parents have experienced this... but it can be weeks later and she'll say something about some event, person, decoration, etc. that we saw or heard about weeks ago. Some of her recent examples:

- "kitty scratched me" -- this happened in August
- "man fall off the bike" -- this happened in September
- "chair fall down" -- no idea when this happened but it wasn't recently
- "little bit of blood" -- this happened only this past week but it's already part of the loop tape
- "ohhhhhh, mama has owie eye" -- I did have an owie... but it was fixed up about a month ago

I love the evolution of her personality but sad that she's already grown out of some her funny habits. She used to say "band-a-daid" for a bandaid, for example. It's one of those bittersweet parenting moments to realize that your little munchkin has outgrown something that seemed like it would last forever (not that I exactly expecter her to go to college saying band-a-daid, but you know what I mean).

2 comments:

Kate said...

Great pictures. And I totally know what you mean - Hannah had been saying "batanana" for banana but suddenly the 't' has been removed. So sad I didn't capture it on video when I had the chance.

Aimee said...

I was definitely crushed when Grampy stopped working at the hostibule.

I was equally sad when the pink birds in Florida were no longer fing-a-does.