Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chasing Their Dreams

Yes, these are some more pictures from Maine. I haven't had the most cooperation in taking pictures from certain small people since we've been back, so I'm still relying on our trip documentation to hold me over until someone starts taking my requests seriously again. Actually, without naming names, what I really need is for some cooperation when I request it as opposed to hamming it up five minutes later or stopping as soon as I pull out my camera (Jack is such a rascal...). I'll get back to you when the cooperation starts up again... I guess I'll see you in 2020.

Since we don't have any snow on the ground here (I was just mentioning how nice this is to a friend of mine. I've decided that I'm really a big fan of having snow close by but not in my driveway. I'm pretty sure my membership in the native New Englander club just got revoked for saying that), we had to have our snow-right-outside-our-door fun 3000 miles away. Molly likes the snow because a) she likes to eat it, b) she loves to say "I'm freeeeeeezing" even when she isn't, and c) she likes going through that rite of passage of one's snow gear weighing more than the person inside it.

I'm not kidding about the snow eating. She'll go for any of it -- clean snow, dirty snow, that other color snow... it's gross to watch her try and shove a handful of the stuff that fell off the car tire in her mouth while I'm trying to get Jack's car seat in. Really gross.

Sledding was also big fun... the snow flies right up into your face so you don't even need to make much of an effort to eat it.


Other winter creatures need food too. Does it look like she's helping Grampy fill the bird feeders? Don't be fooled...


It's really just an excuse to eat snow.

As I watch my kiddos grow up, I'm realizing that they both like to do things with some serious single-minded determination. Molly and the snow eating, for instance and Jack and the...


sleeping...


sleeping...


sleeping...


and sleeping. I guess I don't have to wonder where he gets it.

I'm really proud that Jack not only works really hard each day to sleep, but chooses THE most uncomfortable looking positions to sleep in. I have mentioned the Doyle elasti-neck before but he is working zealously on perfecting it so that he can overtake his dad in finding really painful positions to zonk out in.


2 comments:

Jessie Reardon said...

Sadie's a big time snow eater too! And I love the tux outfit on baby Jack :) What's with the no snow out there? I thought it was supposed to be winter for like, 4 more months???

Holly said...

That tux is sweet!!