Thursday, January 14, 2010

Monkeying Around

My parents sold the house that we grew up in so they have been busy cleaning, sorting, and packing. My mom is a little, ummmm... well... slightly good at keeping the past alive, shall we say. She's endured lots of ribbing about it, especially when we threw away those coconut cups that were from my parents' honeymoon, but every once in awhile there is a gem stored away that I'm really glad she kept.

Molly is slightly obsessed with Curious George. This guy was mine as a munchkin and my brother came across it when he was helping my parents pack and they brought it back to Maine for Molly. What buddies these two have become. She laid out this scene all by herself and wasn't hip to the fact that we had caught on to her reading books to her newest pal until the last two pictures. If you notice, she has a couple of different books that she's reading aloud to Mr. George so she spent some time (amazingly) edumacating the other monkey in the house.





2 comments:

Kate said...

I know someone who would do battle with Molly for that monkey if we lived closer. So cute!!

Holly said...

Welcome "home." Molly looks very happy with her new friend. The one of Jack smiling in the previous post is also adorable. I would have liked to have seen the coconut cups before deciding whether they shoukd have been tossed years ago-- they sound kind of interesting!!