Tuesday, April 6, 2010

(Jack) Peter Cottontail and Sidekick Molly

Easter came to us over two days this year and the big bunny managed to find us in Seattle and Penticton. I'm going to work backwards and start with our morning of jelly goodness here at home (mostly because those pictures are downloaded and the others aren't). Now, I really like Easter. I'm not sure if it's because arts and crafts are not only an acceptable component of the holiday but are actually encouraged or if it's because we get to give the munchkins little presents without all the expectations of Christmas or birthdays or if it's because eating chocolate in the mornings is a-okay, but it's a fun holiday. We were traveling on Saturday, so unfortunately we didn't get a chance to dye eggs this year (some people have been crying in their coffee for days about it. Next year, John, next year), but still had a good time carrying on some old traditions.

We were debating about what to do for Easter dinner and decided to culinarily celebrate the other big event -- opening day -- instead. Not being big roast people (I seriously have no clue how to make one... is that what you're supposed to make on Easter?), we went for baseball fare. Oh boy, so fun. 
Spotting the jelly bean trail outside of her doorway...


The joy of finding special treats... Molly informed me today that she likes sweet potatoes better than jelly beans... but that chocolate is better than sweet potatoes. Well, duh.


Are you sure I can eat this, Mom? Really? 



I'm eating it... you're not going to stop me?



What would this be on my hands?


What's Easter without a new train?


The little Jackrabbit


Geared up for opening day. Jack is sporting the same 'do as many of his young faves and his stats are almost as good. 

We're having what? And have you told that crazy lady that I'm going to commandeer her booster seat soon? She didn't get the memo about sharing?

5 comments:

Kate said...

OMG that last picture of Jack is priceless! I hate that he's sitting in a booster seat already -these boys are getting big too fast!

Liz said...

I too love the last two shots of Jack. And Molly looks so grown-up with her long hair! Oh my. We missed you guys for the egg-dying this year.

Holly said...

So cute!! Jack looks like he is huge fan of Easter. I am glad to see that you guys are carrying on the jelly bean trail tradition.

Jessie Reardon said...

where's the picture of john in the bunny ears??

Beth said...

You all know how to have a good time!