Monday, August 9, 2010

St. Becca

Molly and Jack have had plenty of cousin adventures in their young lives, but they recently had the good fortune to discover how much fun their oldest and wisest cousin is. Becca endured her first trip across the border and jumped into the chaos that is our lives. As if that wasn't adventure enough, we did all that traveling with her. When I say that she handled it like a rock star, I mean it. She did better than I did adapting to all the change. On the plus side for her, she returned east with arms of steel from holding Jack for many of his waking hours.

I haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Becca so this was a great chance for me to get to know her better. I sincerely enjoyed her company and was very impressed with how straight her head is screwed on. She's one of the good eggs who gives me hope for the future. She handled both Molly and Jack with poise and expertise and was really, really good to them -- and was just plain fun. True to form, Molly is still looking for her in our guest room... needless to say, we're looking forward (especially Jack) to seeing her on our trip east in a month.

Jack loved being held and snuggled so much... poor thing gets plopped on the ground quite often so that I can chase after the wild one. When Becca was here, though, he was in his glory. 


We took a trip to the slightly (or notsoslightly) scary petting zoo up the road from our house. While I was completely freaked out by the attacking bunnies and slightly freaked out by the guinea pigs and refused to pick up any of them for my children to pet, Becca handled all the creatures with care (for the record, I had a bunny as a kid and am not a bunny hater at all... except for these bunniculas). Thank goodness she was there, it would have been a disaster without her... seriously. 


The pig was also scary and I think Molly was happy to be on this side of the fence. 


The perfect small people's fair came to town with good rides for all ages. Becca and Molly took a swing around the Ferris wheel...


and maybe there were also some rides for other sized people to enjoy...


We drove out some of the forest roads to give Becca some of the back country experience and we were greeted by a mama and two baby moose (not the best picture, I know, but it was pretty neat). 

Thank you, Becca!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Great pics-- I want to visit the petting zoo. I cannot believe that you don't like guinea pigs.

Anonymous said...

I want a Becca. Where can I get one??

JJR