Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Moms Have It

Full on paragraphs are not forming in my brain this morning but there are some things blowing around in that drafty upstairs of mine. Some things like...

how the best mother's day present is one little voice chirping up from the side of the bed saying "happymother'sdayiloveyoumama" while another one giggles slightly manically, just happy to be included in the big people stuff.

how much I missed being with my own mom on mother's day and I hope she knows how much she means to me every day and not just the second Sunday in May. Being away from home is hard even when you like your life a lot... I couldn't say it nearly as well as she does, though.

how I am lucky to have a mother-in-law who is wonderful no matter which "mother" hat -- mom, mother-in-law, Nana -- she has on.

how special it was that I got to spend this mother's day with two really great moms who are relatively new additions to my life but who feel like I've known forever.

how I have a husband who can turn some pretty interesting lemons into lemonade whereas I would just have a big sticky mess on my hands and cry.

how grateful I am that my family and friends who are moms are willing to share their highs and lows, their funny stories, their triumphs and disasters with me and each other. That we don't walk this path alone is priceless, sustaining, and joyful.

how the weight of two little bodies never really feels heavy and, in fact, feels like a treasure I'd happily carry every day of my life.

Happy Belated Mother's Day (we were in Jack's motherland for the weekend but have happily returned home once again).





2 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely thoughts. Happy belated Mother's Day to you!

holly said...

great thoughts from a great mom! Happy belated mother's day.