Monday, May 2, 2011

Why Be On Time? The Easter Post

The cuteness of Easter pageantry is too much, no? Every year gets more and more fun with Mrs. E. Bunny (Molly told me it's a lady bunny) coming to visit, rabbit ears sprouting up left and right, treats and baskets popping up overnight, and Peeps still being banned from the house. For me, Easter is a time when I can go nutty on my love for family traditions without too much resistance from the peanut gallery and I think we achieved that well this year. We had fun with the fam, enjoyed good weather, and just generally enjoyed a mellow weekend. And then, true to form, I got rid of all the Easter gear the next day... I love all the baskets and eggs and stuff leading up to the day but once the clock strikes midnight, I get all antsy about the stuff floating around... and I'm about the furthest thing from a mcneaty pants (yeah, yeah, you all know that). 


Peter, Peterette, and Papa Bunny

Sometimes, good things never come to an end. 

No, the entry to the dining room is not usually gated off but I figured if I actually wanted to walk the jelly bean trail before the jelly beans were consumed, I'd better control the chaos.

And she loved it...

And Jack loved it, too...

Because he just ate the jelly beans that got overlooked.

Crunched carrots, baskets of loot... happy day. 

Sneaky little guy...

Even though egg dying might be on John's least favorite thing to do ever list, it is right at the top of my must do every year list. He does enjoy being sneaky, though, so while the kids and I dyed eggs earlier in the week, he got to hide them without even getting his fingertips stained.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Love it! We may have to steal the jelly bean trail - so cute. And much less candy per find than eggs full of candy - smart mommy!

Holly said...

Ahh, the jelly bean trail. I have told several friends about it, one of whom adopted it this year and her boys loved it. Mom should have patented that one!