Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Small World

We're into little, small things and creature these days -- fairies, building mouse houses, birdies, worms and slugs -- so Molly and I embarked on a project that we both enjoyed -- painting for her (on something other than paper since I'm almost out of scrap paper and have reams and reams of artwork on my refrigerator) and something crafty for me -- and dolled up some bird houses (Oh Jo-Ann Fabrics, how I love you and your craftalicious good times). They came out... colorfully. I decided that they pay homage to our Italian ancestry and our love of bright, bright colors all swirled together in one place. Now, I just need to go find some plastic to cover the furniture and it really would be home for some Italian birds. Although I laughed and cringed (inwardly) at the color choices, it was fun to watch Molly very seriously pick her colors and her intensity in painting it just so. 



No comments: