Monday, December 3, 2007

Challenge

My friend Phoebe issued me a challenge to post every day until Pirate Pat comes. Okay, I'll give it a shot but I can't promise terribly exciting posts. I'm officially on my first day of maternity leave from the hospital. It was terribly sad to leave last week but I have to admit that not getting up for work this morning was very, very nice. Yesterday, I got to bake and bake and bake cookies and not worry about the fact that I didn't finish until 1am!

John's not around (he's still doing that work thing -- and yes, I'm grateful) so here's my attempt at a self portrait for a 39 week belly. I'd be very happy if my next post could show the pirate extra-utero, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's to 39 weeks!

6 comments:

Beth said...

We're counting down with you Melissa & John!

Liz said...

We're ready for you Pat! Meliss, no more staying up until 1 AM. There will be plenty of time for that once Pat arrives...get some sleep!

Kate said...

Seriously Melissa- I hope you at least slept late to make up for staying up so late!!

Melissa said...

Can't sleep -- might as well make cookies!

Liz said...

Sounds like a serious nesting instinct kicking in. Where is today's post? Should we wonder? :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited!! I can't wait to see the little pirate;). You look amazing and I miss you!!