Monday, September 7, 2009

Daddy Knows Best

I might get in trouble for commenting on the softer side of John but as the weeks go on with Doyle 2.0 on the inside (i.e., I get bigger, more unwieldy and have increased pregnancy brain), more of the keeping up with the little tornado duty falls to John, especially on the weekends. There has been this very nice, very sweet shift of attention that I've noticed in the past few weeks to "DADDY!". About the time I start dinner during the week, she will check the big bay window for the Jeep to pull into the driveway (she's still obsessed with the Jeep, too). In the morning, she likes to keep me posted on Daddy's morning (in the shower, on the potty (hee hee), getting dressed) and then when he's left for work. It's basically a Daddy love-fest and super sweet. Daddy can also pick her up and carry her for longer, jump around, do somersaults -- all some of her favorite things that I can't do as well right now (I'm really not much of a somersaulter ever, actually). It's really special to see this all happen and I think they both are super lucky.


5 comments:

Kate and Davis said...

Hurray for daddys!!!!

Unknown said...

Molly looks like a little lady with her Dad -- so cute!

Jessie Reardon said...

Awwww! If John was Sadie's daddy I'm sure she'd love him too..... does that sound weird?

Liz said...

So so sweet. And such perfect timing since Mommy will be very occupied very soon.

Kate said...

Too cute - Molly definitely looks like she adores her Daddy in those pictures!