Thursday, September 24, 2009

Head Case

You know how fashion trends tend to recycle over the decades? Like how we can now safely recreate the fantabulous junior high experience again with leggings and baby doll dresses? Someday, my friend Kate is hoping mustard blazers come back into style so that she can finally get people to stop harassing her about that particular outfit choice. In any event, I know that hats have come in and out of style -- fedoras, newsboy caps, big floppy sun hats -- these trends have all seen the light of day again. Molly has totally bought into the hat craze and enjoys wearing her hats around when they are totally unnecessary. It slowly dawned on me that she was channeling my brother, who, we can all see, also had a predilection for head coverings. I'm sort of hoping the fashion similarities stop here between these two, otherwise I'd better start saving Molly's t-shirts right about now so that she can still wear them fifteen years from now.





4 comments:

Kate said...

Mustard blazers are never out of style if you ask me... :-) I think it's good Molly is into hats with that fair skin - girlfriend should probably get used to them!

Kate and Davis said...

I love the family hat montage!

Liz said...

Love this post and the vintage pictures! I can't believe the family resemblance, and it's not just the hats.

Holly said...

Your bro's striped pants are awesome!!