Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Listen Lady...

I had a very serious child on my hands this afternoon. Molly woke up from her nap with a few things to get off her mind and this mama was going to listen to what she had to say. Given the amount of squealing that occurred this morning, I was more than happy to listen to a thing or two when it came with calm affect and a lower decibel level. Then, someone had to get on the phone and unload some more important info. I'm not sure who was (supposed to be) on the other end of the line but I was tailed to make sure that I was listening to the convo.

I think I may be in trouble in the future when it comes time to negotiate for a later bedtime, a sleepover, or the family car. Given John's penchant for negotiation, I think I'll be out of my league when someone strikes the pose to work mom over.

This was a very important conversation that needed a witness. Someone was getting an earful...


and there was apparently some rather shocking news. Maybe the listener had some pears on her shirt too, which were the topic du jour.


Here is the belly built for two (me and Doyle 2.0. Just so we're clear -- there are no multiples in there). 37 weeks on Wednesday. I managed to get out for a ladies night with some folks in town tonight, which was a nice break. If anyone has a hankering to see Fame, talk to me first. You may want to bring your own cheese grater because there's plenty of fromage provided.



3 comments:

Kate said...

I love the pear shirt - and the belly pic! You look fantastic for 37 weeks in my opinion - getting so close to finding out what #2 is - can't wait!
And miss Molly looks so cute in these pictures - and her hair looks like it's really starting to fill in! I love it! I can't wait to see what kind of trouble she and Hannah get into over Christmas. I think we're in trouble.... :-)

Liz said...

I too love both the pear shirt and the belly pic. Molly was actually talking to Ethan - he was "on the phone" a lot yesterday too! I think the shocking news was that she was going to have a baby brother/sister soon - she hadn't quite processed yet. Ethan was filling her in on big siblingdom.

fibby said...

Even though I don't leave comments very often, you should know that I'm LOVING all of your posts and enjoying getting to know Miss Molly's personality through your writing and photos. Looking forward to meeting #2...

:-)