Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Old Man is Snoring

Fall has finally arrived in the Okanagan and I can't say that I'm terribly sorry to bid adios to summer and welcome in the cooler weather. It's been gorgeous around here with a few pockets of clouds and rain and, on some days, lots of wind. I LOVE fall (I think I was a pumpkin in a former life) and all that it brings with it, except for the shorter days and apparently a descending gray cloud that occurs around here. We've been warned that because of the lakes sitting right at the base of some decent-sized mountains (4000+ footers right outside our windows), we get a cloud that settles in the early winter and lifts in early spring. Blech. For now, though, we're still enjoying blue blue skies, puffy white clouds, and the occasional fun and blustery rain storm. We had one of those several weeks ago and our presence at some puddles was requested -- strike that, demanded. Despite Molly's ongoing aversion to arts and crafts (I tried again and the only thing she'll do in our class is paint. So many sparkles, so much yarn, and so much tissue paper is beckoning and she ignores it for the bingo markers and the paint. Boo), she and I both get all pumped up for big storms and I was as eager to don my rain boots and jacket and go explore what was in the puddles. Molly just wanted to displace water and then sit in her sandbox.
Geared up to go brave the storm (unfortunately, I don't believe our storms are named anything like a nor'easter, an Alberta Clipper, a winter wallop, etc.). It's just plain old rain and wind.





Big boots are still a little tricky for little feet and that's why they came off once we hit the sandbox.

1 comment:

Kate and Davis said...

I think it is funny you guys are excited about rain - we are soooo sick of it here (and more is coming) - maybe we can send more your way? Glad you guys are having fun