Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh Canada

Olympics update:

1. Bryan Adams during the Opening Ceremonies??? Nice. Yes, I love him. Yes, you can make fun of me.

2. The Finnish hockey team??? Va va voom. Hockey had never been my favorite sport until I saw the Finnish hockey team... er... until I met my husband.

3. I cried when both the Americans and Canadians came out during the Opening Ceremonies. What can I say?

4. Don't watch the video of the Georgian athlete's luge crash if you haven't already. It's horrific and sad.

5. Molly loved the Aboriginal dancers, did not seem to like Nelly Furtado, but really enjoyed clapping along whenever the cameras flashed to the clapping crowd.

6. Jack forgave me for putting toothpaste on his bum instead of diaper cream. Note to Weleda: mark your tubes of goo a little more clearly, please. He didn't really care about any of the Olympics, just about his fresh smelling bum.

7. San Marino? Who knew?

8. I have now been educated on famous Canadian citizens (probably the last to know, here). Michael J. Fox? Bobby Orr? (John laughed at me for that one since apparently all good hockey players are from Canada. Or Finland.) Donald Sutherland? k.d. lang? Wayne Gretzky? Okay, I knew that one.


These pictures don't have anything to do with the Olympics... I just felt like I needed to post them to justify having a post at all. You may want to skip checking the blog for the next 16 days...

4 comments:

Kate said...

I saw the video this morning before I read your post - awful and horrific only begins to describe it. Toothpaste on the bum huh? That's a new one - but you were distracted by the excitement of the opening ceremonies!

Kate and Davis said...

Love the Olympics updates and am laughing about the toothpaste.

Jessie Reardon said...

I am a little jealous that you're in the excitement of it all.... must be so fun!!!

Aimee said...

Okay, I have to post a comment now...toothpaste on the bum?? Well, Melissa, you DO know about the alternative, don't you?? Remember how fresh your breath was?? Yum yum!