Sunday, March 7, 2010

Slow Morning Moments

Sometimes hanging out at home isn't such a bad thing. I usually get ants in my pants and need to get out and moving (that's where she gets it...) but yesterday's planets aligned to keep us in our abode for the morning. As usual, it was an inadvertent reminder to slow down and enjoy those small moments that are fleeting and lovely. You find out a lot by asking little people questions (sometimes you get an answer and sometimes you get a big slobbery grin, you know, depending on who you ask). Sometimes you have to wonder how point a got connected to point b to c to d to x, y, and z but the little insights can be meaningful and sweet.

The morning started off with a small scare -- I thought I had at least a score of years before I had a teenager on my hands. Yikes.


"I'm busy, Mom. Whaddya need?"


Our little buddy has recently been diagnosed with GERD but his new meds are making him much happier, happier, happier (and means that mom is getting some more sleep!). He proudly shows off his dimple upon request because he isn't yakking quite as much.


Sometimes being in kid in the candy store isn't as much fun as being the kid in the toy box.


And watching that crazy sister is even better than candy or toys.



Once again, Mom and Dad's little parrot decided to make a Tim Horton's run (along with her other errands) and (loudly) ordered up several large double doubles throughout the morning -- all from the comfort of her little red car.


She even comes armed with her own cash.


"What on earth is she doing? Here I am, practicing my sitting up and she's yelling coffee orders to no one in particular."


Yet he still wonders when he gets his own coffee and cash... what's with these two?


"Okay, mom, I'll wait for my own credit card as long as you keep that crazy singing loon from toppling me."


Family resemblance much?

3 comments:

fibby said...

they are adorable!

Kate said...

Too cute - I can't believe how much they look like in that one picture. I love it!

Holly said...

Such great pics!!