Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

I leave one of our weekday mornings unplanned and un-activied so that we can go outside and enjoy our usually gorgeous weather. On these mornings when I wake up and see gray skies or big, non-playground-conducive clouds or rain drops about to be a-fallin' on my head, a little bit of panic can set in because we're the type of people who have a lot of wiggles and we need to get them out. The other morning, when the above happened, I didn't panic -- oh no. We embraced the rainy cold and got excited about an inside morning. Since my kids would always prefer to be in as few clothes as possible, they disrobed and became human paintbrushes. 

Not sure about this stuff, mom.

I, on the other hand, am completely sure about this.

I'd rather show off how I stand on my own...

and then have a dangerously close encounter with a plumber look (one with love handles).

and then I'll show off my stunning physique.
 
A little face pain always makes things go better.

I don't know why they call it "finger paint"...
 
it's much better described as body paint. 

I'm out of here with all this madness.

Jack "Dangerfield" Doyle

5 comments:

Grammy said...

Such creative cuties -- just like their mom! It looks like the cozy coupe has made its way inside for the winter, so everyone can continue their trips to Timmy's for coffee and double-doubles.

Kate said...

OMG - love these pictures and the narrative! Jack looks like such a little MAN now that he's 1!! Love the standing and the love handles (and the plumber butt!). Hope the rainy weather doesn't last for long!

Kate and Davis said...

Molly and Oliver seem to have the same idea - who wants to use finger paint when there is body paint!?

Liz said...

Next rainy day, I am calling you to come entertain my kids. This way tops our blankey forts and cozy corner.

Anonymous said...

Sean wants to know if there's a Canadian performance of CATS that Molly is trying out for?