Sunday, October 31, 2010

Boo to You

Is there any way you could not love Halloween when little kids are involved? There is some serious, saccharine, ooey gooey cuteness happening here and we haven't even gotten to the candy (well, that's not true for me, strictly speaking...). The kids had a Halloween party at school on Friday (I went dressed as the baby sitter) and both were digging their costumes, which was gigglicious (sorry Katie). Molly was pretty sick yesterday and it was rainy this morning so I wasn't sure we were going to get out for trick or treating tonight but the skies and the fever have cleared and I think we'll be good to go this evening.


Here a moo, there a moo, everywhere a moo moo.

I wish I could say there was a theme with these two but other than a train, I wasn't sure what went with a train conductor (and I think she's more of a train engineer but it was a cuter look). My sister-in-law had passed along the cow costume and it was too funny to pass up anyway. 

Sugar-free good times.

I ended up buying the hat and kerchief and only made the jumper but it satisfied my  need for something homemade.


Molly and I took advantage of Jack's early nap today and carved us up some jack o' lanterns. It's a good thing he wasn't around so that he didn't end up with a candle on his head, too. 
She preferred to scoop out the insides once I had done most of the dirty work.

There's the look of a proud scooper.

Inspecting her handiwork.
.
Buddies.

4 comments:

Grammy said...

Way too cute! Great costumes, and that sister-brother smile-fest? Priceless! I wish we were there like we were last year.

Kate and Davis said...

Super cute!

Holly said...

Love the costumes!! Great job w/Molly's!

Liz said...

Great pictures! What an adorable little cow and conductor. And a great pumpkin scooper too!