Monday, June 8, 2009

This Is How We Do It

Oy vey, it's been a busy week with trying to find renters for our house, getting our ducks in a row to move (ducks are very, very hard to get in a row sometimes), Molly getting pretty sick, and (most fun) our 10th year Colby reunion.

The good news is that we think we've got some rental prospects that will work out and the ducks seem to be lining up fairly well at this point. Molly is feeling better despite being a little out of sorts this weekend while she was recovering. Reunion was fun, fun, fun -- although I might rethink sleeping on plastic dorm mattresses for our 15th reunion. The crinkle crinkle that we heard every time we turned over may only be matched in awesomeness by the world's loudest industrial toilet that we had in our suite. Luckily, we bunked with Kate, Wilson, and Hannah so we could spread out a little more than in a Johnson single. We lucked out with glorious Maine weather (I swear, Maine orders a special shade of blue for their skies -- a warm, sunny day cannot be beat up there).

Getting some net practice in -- she's getting ready to follow in Auntie Holly's goalie footsteps. I wonder when she'll follow in her gorgeous blond baby curl footsteps...


The "official" lobster bake greeters. Enter at your own risk of being bombarded with hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi. It was nice to see Molly with a moment of spring in her step -- she wasn't her usual chatty Cathy all weekend.


Hannah likes to show us how to get down. She was a one-woman dance marathon this weekend.


Getting some snuggles in with Kate after a lo-ong night. Partying until all hours might need to wait for a few more years.


Pensivity by the pond.



I wonder if the dads will carry the lasses off to their first day of classes, too.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Great pictures... and I'm glad you documented the worlds loudest toilet. I had almost started to forget - amazing how quickly that happens. I had to pysch myself up to flush everytime .... scary scary. Thanks again for a fun weekend - looking forward to doing it again in five years (but maybe a cabin in the Belgrades?!).

Kate and Davis said...

I love the picture of the dads and girls - and glad molly is feeling better

Holly said...

Those pics are great- I am very happy to see that Molly is drawn to the net. Glad that she is feeling better- sounds like you guys have had a crazy week... I'm looking forward to coming to Penticton asap!

Anonymous said...

great pictures Melis! I so wish I could have been there. Dang this shop!;)