Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Over the River and Through the... Entire United States

We've arrived (sort of)! Some of us are adjusting to west coast time a little more easily than others but we're settling in -- too bad we're not sticking around the Seattle area. We are staying with Eric, Mary, Katy, and Emily through the weekend (aka abusing their hospitality since they're actually headed out on a little vacation tomorrow while we continue to eat their food and use their hot water) and then will head up to Penticton over the weekend. Our stuff will likely arrive via the Vancouver Express next Tuesday or Wednesday but we thought we'd head up early so that I could actually get a peek at the house before the movers show up and want me to point them in a particular direction. Our car is here, and it was nice to be reunited with the grocery getter and all its crumbiness. I missed those dirty floor mats. It's also nice to have a break from packing up the house, and we've enjoyed the local park and Target already. I think I may have actually kept the local Target in business for the next several years. Molly gets her own bathroom (until her brother or sister elbows his or her way in there) so I had to get her set up with some fun new stuff. I bypassed anything pink/embossed with princesses/long eyelashed vixens, not because I don't like that stuff, because I do, but because it doesn't seem to fit with the tank's personality. She got fishies instead -- which she got to pick out. She was very definitive with her choices -- I got lots of "nos" and "yeses" when I asked her to pick out towels and bath mats.

The bad news is that I seem to have left the cord behind that lets me transfer pictures from the camera to the computer (name of said cord: I have no idea). I need to pick up a new one before I can post new pictures but I got some cute ones of the west coast ladies. I'll pick up a new cord as soon as I can figure out a way to describe it without sounding like a moron. In the meantime, here is one from a couple of weeks ago -- Mrs. Fu Man Chu.

No comments: