Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother May I

Oh mother's day... what fun it was to wake up (late, YUM!) to little people beaming from ear to ear and one of them yelling "happy mother's day" at the top of her lungs over and over. Seriously, because the clock read something past 8, it was cute. I got a card with birthday cakes and butterflies (???), breakfast in bed (with my own pepper grinder extraordinaire, which translates into a very peppery bed), and very few responsibilities for the day. It was lovely... and one of the best parts -- my present. Mr. Handy Man is building me a pic-a-nic table. I've been eyeing picnic tables for awhile and John decided to build us a custom one. Very sweet. 

My little folks have been enjoying being home with their own stuff, beds, and time zones at their disposals. Jack has sprouted teeth and I'd really like to give them back. I am very attached to his gummy smile and these suckers are making him miserable; it is just heartbreaking because he's a really happy little fellow most of the time. Molly gets funnier by the day, yelling all sorts of statements about everything from her crazy hair to the weather to what everyone else is doing (there is no such thing as going to the bathroom in peace any more). She also asks INCESSANTLY "what yur doing?" or "what happened?" or "what we going to do?". Big brother (sister) is watching and listening. I cringe when we're out on a walk or in a store and she spots a person of interest... I'm not sure her portrayals of other people are always PC, accurate, or appreciated. I spend a lot of time telling people I'm sorry... 

I do love being their mom, though. Of that, I'm sure. 


Little Miss Lady... she's got three purses/wallets on her shoulder, shoes on her feet, and an agenda a mile long. 

Mr. Drool... and itty bitty teeth. 

These two are playing more and more together, which is very nice and sweet. I'm partial to the little man's plumber game. 



Mother's day was warm enough to be outside to garden, enjoy snacks, take a walk, and...

build a picnic table! 






No comments: