Friday, May 28, 2010

Play It Again



Molly's Molly-centric world is slowly but surely beginning to get a little rocked. There is tension in the air now that Jack is getting big enough to get his mitts on her ever-expanding roster of stuff (ever-expanding because she assumes ownership over all items of interest to her, not because we've been on a toy buying spree). Oh, the love/hate relationship of having someone around to share with. I thought Molly had go-go-gadget arms but they are nothing compared to Jack's Kevin Garnett-sized wingspan (probably my first and last basketball reference... but that dude is TALL), which can cause some dismay and alarm to his big sister. Thankfully, the power dynamic is still mostly harmonious although I'm trying to nip any and all shrieking in the bud... I've never met an instant headache-inducer like Molly's squeal when something isn't going her way. She should count her blessings, in my opinion, that Jack is mostly content to sit and have toys brought to him -- something she never really was okay with. Her sitting-only stage did not last long while, thankfully, Jack appears to be pretty content on his little rump... for now.

Look at those two playing so nicely together (okay, Jack's trying to eat the thingy -- but that counts as playing)...

Jack: "Can you believe it, Mom, she's letting me push this thing down?!"


Molly: "Hmmm... I think I'm sharing. I know I'm supposed to do this but it really doesn't fit in with my whole mistress of my domain deal."


Molly: "Let me just slide this back a little bit and pretend that I'm still sharing. No one will notice my clever tricks." (Note: Perhaps when Molly asks me if I'm very tired I should stop answering "always" because I think she keeps trying to pull a fast one on my figuring I'm too sleepy to really notice). 


Jack: "Hey mom, I have super-sized my reach but still can't quite get over there. Do you think she did that on purpose?"


Molly: "Here Jack, here's this other random toy that has nothing to do with what we were playing together but now I'll just turn slightly 180 degrees and keep this thing to myself."

2 comments:

fibby said...

heehee. i love that you photo-document these interactions. :-)

Kate and Davis said...

Jack is even bigger! And so fun that they are starting to play together - if even for a bit.