Thursday, October 22, 2009

D-Day Plus One

Yes, I'm still pregnant. The awesomeness of that can't even be measured. While I'm still carting around the mini-peanut, the good news is that I've still been able to enjoy the last few days with just the crazy lunatic, although yesterday and today someone apparently snuck in and deposited ants in her pants because holy lord, she is out of control with the energy level. My mom and I went to this cute little shop (stress on the word: little) and she just yelled the whole time "ohhhhhh, so pretty" at everything. Nice. Not a soft talker, this child. We ducked out when other patrons showed up. It's so hard to tell who is going to find this behavior charming and who is going to be seriously annoyed.

We do have some quiet moments, though. We got our Sesame Street fix in the other day while we snuggled together. I love these times and am glad that she still wants her mama time.


We also are continuing to multi-task. She likes her book on being a big sister and is dutifully telling us that sometimes babies cry and that they are too little to walk. Other take-aways from her big sister book are that a boy is going down the slide and the daddy painted the walls of the baby room. Huh.

Also, Molly continues to be a fan of the hippo speak. You know if you normally say "see you later alligator", most people respond with "in awhile crocodile"? Not her, she responds with "in awhile hippopotamus". Luckily, she does this with everyone so I don't feel like the hippo comments are directed at me.

4 comments:

Jessie Reardon said...

I think this will be the last post you make pregnant...

Unknown said...

I concur with Jessie - sending positive thoughts your way!

fibby said...

I know I've said this before, but I love your posts. You capture Molly's spirit so well with your story-telling and it is so fun to hear about all that you're up to. Sending positive thoughts for #2 to come out soon!

Kate and Davis said...

Love the hippo speak. As for when #2 arrives - Davis thinks it will make its appearance on Monday, I am thinking Tuesday.