Sunday, October 4, 2009

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater

We adventured closer to home this weekend, heading up to Kelowna for a day at the pumpkin patch. There were also lots of animals: horses, the most adorable pot bellied pigs, sheep, a donkey... and Molly cared most about the dogs. She did like to giggle at the horse, who very patiently came close to be patted on the nose and then endured giggles and no pats. John was a willing participant in the outing because there was a corn maze there as well (I never knew he was a maze junkie but this is, in fact, our second maze adventure since moving out here).

We also picked out four little pumpkins, which always makes it really seem like fall. We initially let Molly pick out the pumpkins for all of us but she seriously picked some of the ugliest pumpkins on the lot so we revised her choices when she was off running and she never knew the difference.

Directing us through the hay bale maze. Being in charge (like she's ever not) was a hoot and a half to her.


She especially enjoyed when we would hide in a dead end and jump out (or waddle out) and say boo.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Molly.

The corn maze was actually pretty impressive. It felt a little horror movie-ish with these big swarms of birds taking off overhead.

Hunting through the lot of pumpkins, apparently looking for all the green, brown, and yellow ones despite the fact that orange seems to be her favorite color at the moment.




5 comments:

Kate and Davis said...

I love that you got 4 :) - looks like fun

Aimee said...

Megan is saying, "Hey! Those are my fuzzy pants! I miss my fuzzy pants. Will Molly give them back so I can grow into them??"

Liz said...

Wow - a hay bale maze AND a corn maze. Kelowna knows how to do pumpkins. We too went apple and pumpkin picking this weekend, but no mazes here. So cute! (And yes, I love that you got four pumpkins - we only got three for some reason...us Stockwells can't count.)

Kate said...

Too fun! We were going to go pumpkin picking but the rain was monsoon-esque yesterday so I guess we'll have to wait another weekend. I think we'll only be getting three though! :-) And I LOVE the fuzzy pans and that hat - too cute!

Holly said...

That hat cracks me up!! I'm with you on the corn maze - a bit creepy.